The first step would be to first obtain the correct kind of interfacing that is perfect for you form of interfacing fabric wholesale. Mostly these instructions is going to be on the back of the pattern envelope which you bought. When you are creating your very own patterns in your house, it will be wise to first test what interfacing will work on the kind of fabric you are using. You just want a small component of fabric and measure a block, fuse the piece and measure it again to discover what the different shrinkage was.
Now for me which is doing sewing both at home and being a hobby I don’t use a fusing press or fusing machine similar to most clothing manufactures have. I still have to use to old reliable way that worked in my opinion.
The various tools that you would want is the following:
3. Correct interfacing
I realize others use more equipment nevertheless i have used this procedure for a long time and not had any problems.
Steps to adhere to:
1. Eliminate your patterns bits of the material and interfacing. Many people will suggest that you cutout you interfacing smaller compared to you interlining fabric supplier then when you steam iron it, it won’t stick to your cloth or ironing board. That depends on you, you will be aware best how accurate you work.
2. Ensure before ironing the various components together how the glue dotted side are facing the wrong side in the fabric. This really is quite important part because if you iron the parts together and it’s a bad sides it tough to remove the interfacing again, probably also rely on the type of interfacing and glue.
3. Place a cloth within the parts and ensure you iron is hot. I found that steam doesn’t always work well so I only use some steam setting in the iron. I make use of a cloth as a fabbric iron can leave shiny marks on non woven fusible interfacing and also you don’t want that.
4. When pressing the iron along with the cloth keep it for a couple seconds on the same spot before moving onto another section. I also do small sections at the same time regardless how small the various components are.
5. After ironing the parts let it rest to cool off for a bit before working with it to keep sewing your garment. I think it is advisable to fuse all the interfacing parts prior to actually start sewing the garment.